As President Barack Obama prepares to leave office, Gallup and Healthways are providing new insights into how Americans' health and well-being have changed during his eight years in office.
This week, Gallup will publish a five-part series on Gallup.com exploring the following health and well-being trends:
- Monday, Aug. 29: Changes in healthcare accessibility and views of healthcare quality and cost
- Tuesday, Aug. 30: Americans' life ratings
- Wednesday, Aug. 31: Eating, exercise and smoking habits
- Thursday, Sept. 1: Self-reported health and chronic conditions
- Friday, Sept. 2: Standard of living
Since 2008, Gallup and Healthways have interviewed at least 500 U.S. adults aged 18 and older daily as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index provides a nearly real-time view of Americans' health habits, chronic conditions, health insurance status, life ratings and much more.
To get these articles as soon as they publish, sign up for Gallup News alerts.