Strada-Gallup 2017 College Student Survey
Crisis of Confidence:
Current College Students Do Not Feel Prepared for the Workforce
Representing the views of more than 32,000 students at 43 randomly selected four-year institutions, this survey reveals a crisis of confidence among most students regarding their readiness to launch careers:
- Only a third of students believe they will graduate with the skills and knowledge to be successful in the job market (34%) and in the workplace (36%).
- Just half (53%) believe their major will lead to a good job.
The findings also point to solutions, revealing that students who have these three career-focused experiences at their institution are significantly more confident about their preparation for the workforce:
- Speak often with faculty or staff about their career options;
- Have at least one university official initiate a conversation with them about their career options; and,
- Believe their school is committed to helping their students find a rewarding career.
Read the report to discover the ways college and university faculty and staff can provide career-specific support that can influence students' confidence in their preparation for life after college.
Download the Full Report
To receive an email with a link to download this report, please fill out the form below. Someone from Gallup or Strada Education Network will receive this information and may contact you via email or phone about your interest in this topic and other Gallup products and services.