Truly engaged workplaces are rare. Gallup research shows that worldwide, just 13% of employees are engaged in their jobs -- they are involved in, enthusiastic about and committed to their work and workplace. The remaining 87% of employees are either not engaged or indifferent -- or even worse, actively disengaged and potentially hostile -- to their organizations.
But there are companies that buck this trend. In these organizations, on average, 64% of all employees are emotionally invested in, and focused on, creating value for their organizations every day. These companies set a global standard for an engaged workplace.
Gallup is pleased to honor 40 leading organizations that are recipients of our annual Gallup Great Workplace Award. These organizations average nine engaged employees for every one actively disengaged employee, which is more than five times the rate in the U.S. and more than 16 times the rate for workforces globally.
The Gallup Great Workplace Award was created to recognize organizations worldwide for their extraordinary ability to create an engaged workplace across teams, departments and locations. To be eligible for the award, an organization must:
- administer an employee engagement survey to at least 1,000 employees with a response rate of 80% or higher
- receive a qualifying score on Gallup's Q12 employee engagement assessment for at least 50% of eligible workgroups
- demonstrate clear links between engagement and business outcomes
Organizations that meet the criteria are invited to apply for the award and submit detailed evidence of their commitment to and advancement of employee engagement. All submissions are reviewed and scored by a panel of Gallup judges.
Leaders of the winning organizations understand that employee engagement drives real business outcomes and have mastered how to engage their workforces. Each award recipient has linked engagement to business outcomes and integrated engagement in four key areas: strategy and leadership, accountability and performance, communication and knowledge management, and development and ongoing learning.
These organizations set a high standard for what is possible for the world's employees, regardless of the economy or culture in which they operate. The winners for this year are headquartered in a wide range of countries including Canada, China, India, Indonesia, Netherlands, Singapore, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Here is the list of our 2015 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winners:
|•||ABC Supply Co., Inc.||•||Indus Towers|
|•||Adena Health System||•||Intermountain Healthcare|
|•||Adventist Health System||•||Krungsri|
|•||ANN INC||•||Lakeland Regional Health|
|•||BCA (Bank Central Asia)||•||LS travel retail, North America|
|•||Bon Secours Health System||•||Mars, Incorporated|
|•||CarMax||•||Mary Lanning Healthcare|
|•||China Merchants Property Development (CMPD)||•||Nationwide Insurance|
|•||Compassion International||•||NXP Semiconductors|
|•||DBS||•||PNC Financial Services Group|
|•||DTE Energy||•||Regions Bank|
|•||Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company - du||•||Sarasota Memorial Health Care System|
|•||Fifth Third Bancorp||•||Screwfix|
|•||Hawai'i Pacific Health||•||Self Regional Healthcare|
|•||Hendrick Health System||•||Tata Capital|
|•||Hyatt Hotels Corporation||•||USAA|
|•||Indian Hotels Company Limited||•||Winegardner & Hammons, Inc.|
Every business leader worldwide has a responsibility to raise the bar and truly embrace strategies for engagement, as the leaders and organizations awarded today have done. This significant step is not only key to improving business outcomes, but is also vital to achieving sustainable growth for companies, communities and countries -- and for getting the global economy back on track toward a more prosperous future.
The Gallup Great Workplace Award winners will be honored at the 2015 Gallup Workplace Summit (June 2-4, 2015). This annual retreat -- which is open to all organizations -- examines the crucial issues affecting the global workplace. This year's summit will focus on a fundamental strategy that is key to business growth and success: differentiating your organization's identity through your people and your culture.